Need urgent assistance? Please call
1800 825 955

Existing Tenants

Rural Housing Tenancy Lease Agreements are covered under the Victorian Residential Tenancies Act. Tenancy booklets outlining your rights and responsibilities are provided to all tenants.

For more information or to speak to your property manager contact any office or view our resources page.


Community Housing tenants pay a reduced rate of market rent and no more than 30% of their combined household income on rent.
Tenants are required to provide updated household income information annually.
Rent can be paid by Centrepay, Bpay, Direct Debit, or at any RHNL office.
For information about eligibility visit our community housing eligibility page.

Maintenance - Categories and how to report

Urgent Maintenance Repairs - Urgent repairs include anything that presents a danger to the health and safety of people in or near the property. Common examples of urgent repairs include electrical faults, blocked toilets etc.

Non-Urgent Maintenance – these repairs do not compromise your safety nor your ability to live in the property eg. broken blind, dripping tap. Report all non-urgent repairs to your local Rural Housing office during business hours.

For more information on urgent repairs go to Consumer Affairs Victoria - Urgent repairs

Reporting Maintenance
When requesting maintenance please provide accurate information. If possible, speak directly to your Property Manager to correctly identify the problem and discuss work that is required.

What Happens Next?
When maintenance is requested, your name and contact details are forwarded to the contractor who will contact you to arrange a mutually convenient time to complete the works.

If you are not at home the contractor will leave you a ‘Calling Card’ and contact number. It is then your responsibility to contact the contractor to re arrange a suitable time.

Your Property Manager will arrange for a key to be provided to the contractor if you cannot be at the property.

When will my maintenance be completed?
Rural Housing is committed to ensuring that maintenance is carried out promptly and to the highest standard. If repairs are not completed within the recommended timeframe, or you are dissatisfied with the work, please notify your local office.

What if I cause damage to the property?
If you or one of your visitors causes damage to the property, notify your local Rural Housing office as soon as possible. Your Property Manager will discuss the options for repairing and paying for the damages.


Certain conditions need to be met if you request to have a pet, such as compliance with local council registration requirements and if the pet is appropriate for the property. Some properties do not allow for pets. Please speak with your Property Manager.


Rural Housing Network encourages safe, secure, harmonious neighbourhoods. Here are some things you can do to help you get on well with your neighbours.