Need urgent assistance? Please call
1800 825 955

For Agencies

You can contact any office for information about the services we provide.

Homelessness Services

Making an appointment
Anyone can have an appointment with an Initial Assessment and Planning worker for an assessment and information. We take self referrals but it is best to make an appointment so please call any office.

You can learn more about the homelessness services we provide or you can download the brochure.

Housing Establishment Fund (HEF)
Each consumer will be assessed for eligibility to access the fund and we will ask for relevant financial information at the assessment.

Eligibility guidelines are listed on the DHS website.

In general, HEF is used for:

Opening Doors, Transitional Housing and A Place To Call Home
The Hume Region Opening Doors manual contains relevant referral forms and resource prioritisation criteria.

For information about how to access Transitional Housing and the A Place To Call Home Program, please contact any office.

Please note, we do not deliver ongoing homelessness support, but make referrals to these services.  

Housing Support Services

Public Housing
If you are working with someone in public housing that needs assistance to maintain their tenancy, please refer to our Social Housing Advocacy and Support Program (SHASP).  To access the program complete the referral form and submit it to or any Rural Housing office. 

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander support program
If you are working with someone who is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander decent who is living in an Aboriginal Housing Victoria or Public Housing property and has a tenancy at risk, please complete the referral form and submit it to or to any Rural Housing office. Any agency can refer to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Support Program.

Private Rental
Rural Housing provides advocacy services:

To access the Private Rental Advocacy service, please email  or complete the referral form.
The Sustaining Tenancies At Risk program (STAR) supports people who are in a private rental and their tenancy is at risk. To refer or for more information email  or visit the website